Interview with Sensei Lobsang Gyalpo
1. Would you please tell us about you?
I am a 59 year-old Austrian citizen of Tibetan descent. I went to high school in India and later lived in Nepal for several years before emigrating to the U.S.A. and then to Austria.
2. We know you had practice martial arts in 70’s when, where you did practice and who was your teacher?
My little knowledge of Karate was taught to me by a Japanese expert in Judo and Karate when I was living in Dharamsala, India which is the seat of the Tibetan government-in-exile.
3. We know you are in Nepal in 70’s and you had taught Saroj Joshi and his friend Bhagwat Shrestha basic of martial arts for free, which was not only your great teaching according to Saroj but it helped him to put the new system Kungchido in the world. How you have managed to teach your student giving the extraordinary essence of martial arts?
My teacher concentrated on the basics of Shotokan Karate which included breathing and exercises to build up power and strength as well as technique and this is basically what I passed on to Saroj and his friends those many years ago in Nepal.
4. What was your impression, when you taught Saroj Joshi and his friend martial arts in Nepal as early as 5 a.m. (morning) those days in 1970’s?
Well it was not easy getting up so early but once one was up, it was a great feeling to breathe in the fresh morning air and do our exercises while the city around us slowly woke up.
5. We know you are now involved in software business in Zurich and you are residing in Austria? How’s your business please tell us a little bit about your family?
Although I live in Vienna, Austria, I currently work as a Consultant in Software Quality Assurance in Zurich, Switzerland and my current engagement is in the IT department of a large Swiss Bank. I am married to an Austrian and have a 23 year old son.
Thanks a lot for your time and answering our questions/Webmaster-Kungchido.com
Our site: http://www.kungchido.com